Dive into Wellington this summer at our free Community Snorkel Day in the amazing Taputeranga Marine Reserve.
Just off the coast of Island Bay there is heaps of underwater beauty to discover and the Mountains to Sea Wellington team are here to help you to experience it first hand.
What you need to know
- We provide all gear, guides and goodtimes for free!
- Beginners and new snorkelers are very welcome. You will be paired with an experienced guide to ensure your safety and enjoyment.
- Snorkelers need to be at least 8 years old and confident in-water. Those under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Registrations will open at 10am. Come down to book a snorkel time for the day as spots do fill up quickly.
- Bring along your togs, towel, refreshments and make a day of it exploring the fun stalls and activities.
- Taputeranga is a special place - there is absolutely no taking, harming or disturbing creatures in the reserve. Come to enjoy the amazing results of over 15 years of protection, and leave no trace.
- Please consider your travel choices. We encourage bikes, buses and carpools where you can.
- Bring along your friends and whānau and enjoy connecting with te taiao!
Mountains to Sea Wellington’s Free Community Snorkel Events happen across the region each summer. Mountains to Sea Wellington works to connect people to te taiao, building understanding through science and exploration and inspiring people to care for the environment.
For this event stay updated by checking the Mountains to Sea Wellington Facebook event listings for any weather cancellations, postponements, or location changes.
This event is brought to you in partnership with Greater Wellington Regional Council, with additional funding support from Nuku Ora and Water Safety New Zealand, and is organised in collaboration with Experiencing Marine Reserves- EMR.